What is detox water & how to make it?
By Emily Comos
Detox water is a very clever way to keep yourself full and reach your daily water intake goal because the delicious fruit combinations will make you forget you’re drinking water at all. The purpose of detox water is to combine the hydrating elements of H20 with anti-inflammatory and de-bloating fruit/herb medleys that help flush out your system and get rid of any toxins. This is why detox water is the perfect post-holiday drink to keep on hand in your fridge. It’s super easy to make but here are a few recipes to get you started!
Body Cleansing Lemon Ginger Water
- 4 cups Water (1l/1 quart, filtered or bottled)
- 1-1.4 oz Ginger Root (30-40g)
- 1 Lemon (Medium-Large)
- Wash, peel and slice ginger. Throw it in a jug filled with water and place in the fridge overnight.
- The following morning, pour into a glass and heat up until lukewarm. Squeeze in a wedge of a lemon and drink before your breakfast.
- Drink throughout the day cold (or lukewarm if preferred). Always squeeze lemon in right before drinking to get the most health benefits out of it.
2. Lemon Cayenne Pepper Water
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 pieces fresh ginger small slices
- liquid Stevia few drops to sweeten to desired taste
- In a glass add ice, water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, fresh ginger and a few drops of liquid Stevia (to sweeten to desired taste).
- Mix well and enjoy!
- If you like ginger, eat it after finishing the water. For more ginger flavor, after mixing the ingredients together let the water set for 1 hour in the refrigerator before drinking. Add more ice if preferred.
3. Lemon Cucumber Mint Detox Water
- 8 cups water
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced or two small Persian cucumbers, sliced
- 8 sprigs mint
- Fill up a pitcher with water (about 8 cups).
- Squeeze the juice from half the lemon into the pitcher.
- Cut the other half of the lemon into slices and add them to the pitcher along with cucumber slices and mint and let all ingredients set for about 1-3 hours or longer before drinking. The longer it sets the more flavorful the water.
- Enjoy in a glass poured over ice.