By Cooking Panda
You’re going to absolutely fall in love with this recipe for Strawberry Shortcake. It’s utterly delicious.
For The Sponge Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating. Gradually add dry mixture and buttermilk. Beat until mixed well.
4) Grease a mini cake pan with cooking spray. Add about two heaping tablespoons to each cake tin. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
For Strawberry Puree And Filling
1) Add half of your water to a small pot and add strawberries.
2) Add sugar and make sure to stir continuously.
3) In a small bowl, whisk together remaining water and corn starch to make a corn starch slurry. When the strawberries start to bubble, stir in corn starch slurry.
4) Once thick, remove from heat and cool in the refrigerate until ready to use.
For The Vanilla Pudding
1) In a sauce pan over medium heat, mix brown sugar, white sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk and cook.
2) In a small bowl, slightly beat egg yolks. Now you want to temper your eggs. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the hot mixture into the eggs yolks. Add that mixture back into the pan and stir.
3) Bring pudding to a boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Allow to cool completely.
For The Whipped Cream
1) Place metal or glass mixing bowl in freezer for 15 minutes before starting process.
2) Add all ingredients into cold mixing bowl and whip on high speed right until stiff peaks form. Keep cool until ready for use.
To Assemble Your Strawberry Shortcake
Remove sponge cakes from cake pan. Top with vanilla pudding, strawberries and whipped cream. Serve cool and enjoy!Tags: dessert, recipes, Southern Savvy, strawberry shortcake