Poke Cake 2 Ways
By Cooking Panda
Reese’s Poke Cake
1) Prepare chocolate cake according to package instructions in a 9×13 baking dish. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2) Once cooled, use the back of a wooden spoon or chopsticks to poke holes all over the cake. Pour half the chocolate fudge over the cake, making sure to get inside the holes. Refrigerate.
3) To make the peanut butter topping, whisk together cream cheese and condensed milk in a large bowl. Add peanut butter and continue whisking until combined. Gently fold in half of your Cool Whip.
4) Spread peanut butter mixture over cake. Refrigerate until cooled.
5) Top cooled cake with remaining Cool Whip, remaining fudge and chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
6) Serve and enjoy!
BBQ Cornbread Poke Cake
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a large bowl, add cornbread mix, milk and eggs. Mix until fully combined. Pour into a greased cast iron skillet or any oven safe dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
3) Add sour cream, avocado, salt, pepper and lime juice to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
4) Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cornbread. Pour BBQ sauce over bread and spread it around, so the sauce gets into the holes. Top with chicken and cheese.
5) Broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and slightly browned. Remove from oven.
6) Serve with avocado cream sauce, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!Tags: bbq, Chicken, dessert, dinner, Poke Cake, recipes, Reese's Cups, Savory, sweet