Hennessy And Coca-Cola Cake
By Cooking Panda
You know how nice it is to sip on a Hennessy and Coke? Well now you can enjoy it in cake form with this easy and delicious recipe! The ladies over at Southern Girls Desserts created it for rapper Doug E. Fresh, and they’re still serving it today! Lucky for you, they’re sharing the secret recipe.
For The Cake
For The Frosting
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, chocolate pudding and baking soda. Whisk together and set aside.
3) In a medium saucepan, add butter, cocoa powder, butter milk and Coca Cola. Heat until butter is melted and it almost comes to a boil. Turn off heat and mix in vanilla extra and Hennessy. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
4) Combine wet mixture with dry mixture, beating until combined. Add eggs and lightly beat until well mixed. Grease bundt cake tins and pour cake batter into greased pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cake is cooked through. Cooking times may vary depending on the type of cake pan you’re using.
5) While cakes bake, make your frosting. In a saucepan, add butter, cocoa powder and Coca Cola. Heat until butter is melted. Turn off heat and mix in vanilla extract and Hennessy. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Once it’s completely cooled, add powdered sugar one cup at a time and beat until well mixed. If the frosting is too wet, add a little more powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
6) Once cakes are cooked, allow them to cool completely before frosting. Serve and enjoy!Tags: cake, Coca-Cola, dessert, Hennessy, recipes, Southern Savvy