Hak’s Epic Burger
By Cooking Panda
ONION RING INGREDIENTS
1) Make your onion rings. In a shallow bowl combine flour, egg, parsley, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Gradually add beer, stirring until a thick batter forms. Add more or less beer depending on the desired consistency of the batter.
2) In a heavy frying pan, heat bacon fat over medium-high heat. (Adjust amount, depending on the size of your pan, so that you have a couple of inches of oil). When bacon fat is melted and hot, dip onions into flour, then into batter and fry, turning once to brown evenly on both sides. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. While onions rings are still hot, sprinkles with salt and pepper.
3) To make your burger, heat a cast iron skillet to high. Form burger into patty and season with salt and pepper. Sear on both sides. About 1 minute each for medium rare. Top with blue cheese last 30 seconds and cover skillet to melt.
4) Remove from skillet and place on brioche bun. While you build your burger, fry the egg in the same skillet.
5) Top burger with onion rings, bacon, Hak’s Chipotle Bourbon BBQ Sauce, a handful of arugula and fried egg. Enjoy!bacon, burger, dinner, Everyday Elevated, Hak's Sauces, Onion Rings, recipes, Sharone Hakman