Corn And Fennel Gnocchi
By Cooking Panda
1) Husk the corn, pull off the silky threads and place into boiling salted water. Cook for about 5 minutes, then shock the corn in ice water. Once it has cooled, take the top off the corn and cut downward. Continue cutting until all of the corn is removed.
2) In a medium saute pan, melt butter. Add fennel and corn, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until fennel and corn have softened.
3) Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. You will know the gnocchi is done when it floats to the top.
4) Add 2/3 of the corn and fennel into a blender, leaving the rest in the pan. To the blender, add heavy cream and grated Grana Padano cheese. Blend until smooth.
5) Add creamy sauce back to the pan with corn and fennel. Add gnocchi and toss to combine.
6) When ready to serve, garnish with more Grana Padano cheese, a drizzle of olive oil and sage. Serve with Fabio Viviani Chardonnay and enjoy!Corn, dinner, Fabio Viviani, Gnocchi, pasta, recipe, wine, Wine-Ding Down