By Cooking Panda
Chess Pie is one of the south’s oldest desserts, and it’s definitely one of the most delicious! Try this recipe for a rich and decadent chocolate experience.
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, salt and cocoa.
3) Beat eggs into bowl, one at a time. Then add butter, vanilla extract, evaporated milk and condensed milk. Mix until smooth.
4) Pour into a par baked pie shell (bake shell in oven for 10 minutes before adding mix). Place on a baking tray and fill baking tray with water to create a water bath.
5) Carefully place in oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool in refrigerator for two to three hours.
6) Once it’s cold, serve and enjoy!Chess Pie, chocolate, dessert, pie, recipes, Southern Savvy