Food Science: Slime
By Cooking Panda
On this week’s episode of Food Science we’re learning all about viscosity! What’s something that’s viscous? Slime! Use Starburst to create edible slime by changing the viscosity. You’ll also learn how to make normal slime, so you can live out everyone’s childhood dream of being slimed, à la Nickelodeon.
1) Add water to a pot and bring to a rolling boil. Lower to a light boil.
2) Place unwrapped Starburst in a heat-safe bowl. Place bowl on top of the pot of boiling water, to create a double boiler. Stir Starburst until they melt.
3) Cover a clean working surface with powdered sugar. Once melted Starburst are cool enough to touch, place on powdered sugar and begin molding. Have fun playing around!
1) In a large bucket, add JELL-O packet, half of the flour and half of the water. Stir to combine.
2) Add the rest of the flour, water, dish soap and food dye. Whisk to combine.
3) Your slime is ready to go! Make sure you’re pouring it in an area that you don’t mind cleaning up. Have fun!food science, recipes, Slime, Starburst