The Most Perfect Scrambled Eggs
By Jenny Pham
Let’s talk about eggs. This oh so simple ingredient is so universal, so versatile, and has been tested in every way possible. You can’t travel to any country without seeing eggs served in some way, shape, or form. Whether it’s in baked goods, in your cocktail, or serving as the star of a dish, eggs can be turned into anything your imagination sets it to.
Sometimes, though, it is nice to dial it back and make a classic dish of fluffy scrambled eggs – something that brings us comfort on any given morning. Beware: these aren’t just any scrambled eggs, they are THE most fluffy, buttery, scrambled eggs we’ve had and there’s no other way we’re cooking them from now on. With just 3 simple ingredients, you’re going to want to make this every day.
Let’s get cookin’.
- 6 cold eggs
- 1 tbsp of butter, at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (Optional) 1 tsp of crème fraîche or sour cream
- (Optional) chopped chives for topping
- Crack all the eggs into a saucepan and place over medium-high heat
- Add the butter into the pan and stir into the eggs
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture continuously for about 30 seconds
- Take the pan off of the heat and keep stirring. After 10 seconds, put the pan back onto the heat, still stirring
- Repeat step 4 for about 3 minutes or if the eggs look like they’ve mostly solidified (don’t overcook!)
- Take the pan off the heat and season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- For a creamier texture, add a tsp of crème fraîche or sour cream and top with chopped chives
There you have it, fluffy scrambled eggs that will fuel you for the day. Sometimes we overlook simple dishes like this and forget how satisfying they are. Feel free to place the scrambled eggs on toast, place it in a tortilla wrap, or craft yourself a plate of breakfast nachos – the possibilities are endless!
- Recipe – https://www.gordonramsayrestaurants.com/recipes/scrambled-eggs/
- Images –