First Date 3 Course Meal
By Cooking Panda
Jalapeno Poppers, The Appetizer
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and mozzarella.
3) Spoon filling into jalapeno halves. Wrap each half with bacon and place on baking sheet. If necessary, secure bacon with a toothpick.
4) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Zucchini Lasagna, The Main Course
1) Salt thinly sliced zucchini and set aside to rest for 20 minutes. This will drain excess moisture.
2) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a bread loaf with cooking spray.
3) Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain and set aside.
4) To the same pan, add olive oil and onions. Cook for 3 minutes, or until onions soften. Stir in garlic and cook for a few seconds.
5) Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, basil and ground beef. Taste and season with salt and pepper as necessary. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
6) In a bowl, mix together ricotta and Parmesan cheese.
7) Start layering your lasagna! Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce in the bottom of the bread pan. Top with zucchini slices, 1/2 of the ricotta mixture and 1/3 of the shredded mozzarella. Layer again, meat sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta and mozzarella. Top with remaining sauce, zucchini and a final layer of cheese. Sprinkle with basil.
8) Bake for 45 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Mini Strawberry Pudding Pies, The Dessert
1) Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk until thick.
2) Gently fold in strawberry jam and Cool Whip. Add a few drops of red food coloring to give the pudding a pink hue.
3) Fill pie shells with pudding mixture and top with sliced strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
*Note: If you have filling leftover, fill more mini pie shells, or pop in the fridge and enjoy on its own later!*Tags: courses, date night, dinner, jalapeno, Jalapeno Poppers, lasagna, pie, Pudding Pie, recipes, zucchini
Penne With Zucchini, Basil And Ricotta Salata
By Cooking Panda
1) Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in a pan, add grated zucchini, season with chili pepper flakes and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3) Add cooked pasta and torn basil. Cook 3 more minutes.
4) Turn off heat and top with ricotta salata.
5) Plate cooked pasta. Garnish with a pinch of pepper, sliced fresh basil, a few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and grated Grana Padano cheese.
6) Serve with a glass of Fabio Viviani’s Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy!Tags: dinner, Fabio Viviani, pasta, Penne, recipes, Wine-Ding Down, zucchini