Keep Your Eyes Peeled For Peanut Butter Twix (Photos)
By Cooking Panda
Peanut Butter Twix is finally making a comeback!!
If you loved the treat but realized that your favorite candy disappeared off the shelves one sad day in early 2017, you’ll be relieved to know that they are officially back in production and being distributed far and wide, according to Delish.
The candy was reportedly causing some kind of trouble on the supply line, so Mars decided to stop production for a bit and yank distribution until they could get things fixed.
They announced in July that the treat would be back on the market in September, though eager eaters are reporting serious trouble locating the creamy, crunchy chocolate bar. So if you are jonesing for one, you might want to do your research before running to any old convenience or grocery store and hoping for the best.
— iOZKR (@iOZKER) September 12, 2017
In fact, the candy has been so hard for people to spot that Twix’s official Twitter account even posted a thread on its page in an effort to help hungry folks find the snack by asking anyone lucky enough to have spotted the rare peanut butter Twix in the wild to reply with the location using the #FoundNewTWIX hashtag, so that others could piggyback off their success.
— TWIX® (@twix) August 15, 2017
In addition to the heralded return of the peanut butter bar, Mars is also releasing a white chocolate-coated version of Twix, which you’ll be able to grab from the store starting in November, according to Food Drink and Franchise.
“The dark chocolate, peanut butter and white chocolate categories are some of the largest and fastest growing partitions in our industry,” said Allison Miazga-Bedrick, Twix brand director, Mars Chocolate North America, notes Food Drink and Franchise. “We not only wanted to give Twix fans more flavor options to choose from, but all chocolate lovers more ways to enjoy our product.”candy news, New Candy, peanut butter Twix, peanut butter Twix back, Twix
We Need To Try Dark Chocolate Twix ASAP! (Photo)
By Cooking Panda
It’s no secret that dark chocolate is better for you than milk chocolate, but some of us don’t always enjoy the taste as much. That’s why it’s so exciting that Twix is coming out with a dark chocolate variety of its cookie candy bar. What better way is there to make dark chocolate more enticing than using it in a Twix?
Brand Eating reports that Mars Chocolate is coming out with this dark chocolate version of Twix and calling it Twix Dark. The new bar has the same cookie and caramel features that we know and love, but it’s covered in dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Dark chocolate fans can celebrate, while those who just want to feel a little better about their candy bar consumption can also celebrate. It’s a win-win!
That’s not all, though. According to a Mars Chocolate press release, many more new items are scheduled for release in 2017. They’ve come out with M&M’s Caramel Chocolate Candies, a Snickers & Hazelnut Bar, Twix White Chocolate Cookie Bars and even an M&M’s brand ice cream bar!
Altogether, Mars and Wrigley will be displaying 30 new product changes at the NCA Sweets and Snacks Expo. Count on seeing an array of new Dove Chocolate varieties, including Dove Fruit Mixed Berries Dipped in Dove Dark Chocolate, which features strawberries, blueberries and cranberries. Then there will be the Dove Fruit Dark Chocolate Cherry & Sea Salt Almond and the Dove Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate (peanut butter is always a good idea).
Changes aren’t limited to just chocolates. There will also be new packaging for Combos Stuffed Snacks, and new packaging and a new logo for the goodnessKNOWS snack squares.
If you’re more of a Skittles fan, you’ll be glad to know that Wrigley is coming out with a new Skittles flavor as well. There will be the Skittles Trick Plays (available in the fall), which will feature Skittles with colors that don’t match their flavors, so the person doing the taste-testing will have to guess as to the flavor.
All of these products are hitting the shelves this year, during the spring, summer and/or fall. You can find the Twix Dark chocolate bars on shelves now, though, so if you’re a dark chocolate fan, or if you just feel better about eating the dark chocolate version, go and find it at your local shop!Dark Chocolate, mars chocolate, New Candy, Twix
Donut Twix Bar
By Cooking Panda
Mars Chocolate Adds New Products, Including Snickers Hazelnut And Twix White Chocolate
By Cooking Panda
Mars Chocolate North America has announced the addition of several new flavor extensions to some of consumers’ most beloved chocolate brands — including SNICKERS® Hazelnut, TWIX® White Chocolate, and more.
“Consumers are always excited to try new flavors combined with their favorite chocolate brands,” explains Vice President of Sales Timothy LeBel, in a press release.
“Through extensive consumer research, we’ve created line extensions that will resonate with shoppers. For example, confections containing hazelnuts have increased 14 percent in sales, so consumers will want to try our limited edition SNICKERS® Hazelnut. We also believe our new TWIX® White Chocolate Cookie Bars will be a hit, since the white chocolate segment is growing.”
Additionally, Mars Chocolate North America plans to unveil a variety of seasonal offerings; there are special Halloween and Christmas 2016 items on the docket, as well as plans for Valentine’s Day 2017.
“To help our retail partners drive sales, we create promotions that encourage consumers to spend time with friends and family celebrating key moments,” says LeBel.
Mars Chocolate is unveiling their innovations, along with new consumer promotions and merchandising displays, at the National Confectioners Association (NCA) Sweets & Snacks Expo later this week; the company and Wrigley plan to share shopper insights, displays, and consumer promotions along with their new products.
Check out all of the new items that Marc Chocolate North America is unwrapping at the NCA Expo below, courtesy of the press release:
* SNICKERS Hazelnut satisfies with everything consumers love about SNICKERS peanuts, caramel and nougat covered in milk chocolate with the addition of delicious hazelnuts. (December 2016, $.99 – $1.09 for 1.76-ounce Single, $1.69-$1.79 for 3.23-ounce 2 to Go)
* TWIX White Chocolate Cookie Bars feature two crunchy cookie bars covered with smooth caramel and enrobed in creamy white chocolate. This limited edition item is sure to please, as white chocolate continues to grow in popularity. (October 2016, $0.99-$1.09 for a single package of two bars)
* M&M’S Candies in Red, White and Blue are perfect for celebrating patriotic holidays such as Memorial Day and Independence Day. The tri-color combination is available in both milk chocolate and peanut chocolate varieties. (April 2016, $9.99 for 42-ounce SUP, $3.29 for 11.4-ounce bag, $1.79 for 3.14- and 3.27-ounce Sharing Size)
* DOVE Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate PROMISES will launch nationally, based on strong consumer demand and test performance. Each individually wrapped piece is a delicious combination of silky smooth DOVE Dark Chocolate and peanut butter creme. (April 2017, $4.09 – $4.79 for a 7.94-ounce laydown bag)
* DOVE Sorbet Bars offer the refreshing and delicious taste of chocolate-covered berries with a frozen, fruity twist. Juicy sorbet is dipped in silky-smooth DOVE Chocolate. At 150 calories per bar, they’re available in two flavors: DOVE Strawberry Sorbet with Milk Chocolate and DOVE Raspberry Sorbet with Dark Chocolate. (Spring 2016, $4.95 for a 6-bar box)
* The Halloween 2016 Line Up include new SNICKERS Crisper FUN SIZE, DOVE Milk Chocolate TREAT SIZE and Crunchy & Crispy Lovers Mix Variety Stand-up Pouch.
* New Items for Christmas 2016 include SNICKERS Brand & MILKY WAY Brand Bites Mixed Ornament Pouches, TWIX Brand Minis Cane for the Holidays and DOVE Brand PROMISES Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate Large Gift Box.
* Valentine’s Day 2017 new offerings include M&M’S Milk Chocolate Cupid’s Messages, TWIX FUN SIZE Valentine’s Exchange Bag, and a DOVE Milk Chocolate Creamy Caramel Premium Heart Tin.Hazelnut, mars, Snickers, Twix, White Chocolate