Dining Panda: Cooking At Home With Our New Favorite Meal Kit
By Cooking Panda
Meal kits are all the rage right now — and for a very good reason: They are so easy. You sign up, pick your plan and before you know it, there’s a ton of fresh ingredients at your door with easy-to-follow recipes. It’s a great way to explore new foods, recipes you might not pick on your own and fun food mash-ups that will change the way you eat!
Our current meal kit obsession is the Chef’d + Soy Vay pairing. If we could eat their meals every night, we would. The Soy Vay marinade literally perks up every dish, making the meals taste like something you’d have on a fancy night out. But it was all made right in your kitchen. #Dreams
Before you run off and sign up for your own Chef’d subscription, allow us to give you the low down on the best recipes to pick.
1) Without a doubt, our favorite meal was Teriyaki Wings. The flavor was perfect (thank you, Soy Vay), and following along with Chef’d instructions, our wings had an excellent sear and were cooked perfectly. And it’s a super versatile dish. You can have it for dinner, an appetizer or a party snack. This is definitely a recipe we’re happy we learned, ’cause now we’ll be making it way more often.
2) Next up, we loved the Asian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches. This time we used Soy Vay’s Asian Honey BBQ Marinade to give the chicken its unique flavor. AND we made coleslaw and potato chips to go along with it. If you haven’t made chips before, you’re going to love it. (Pro-tip: Dip the chips in the leftover Asian Honey BBQ Marinade. Trust us.)
3) And finally, for a romantic night in with that special someone, we cannot recommend the Asian Honey Cod enough! The Soy Vay Asian Honey BBQ Marinade takes the cod to an entirely different level of yummy, and when the shiitake mushrooms soak up the sauce, it’s everything you could ever want and more. It’s a seriously perfect dinner.
And did we mention that every single recipe comes with a wine and beer pairing? Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying beef tenderloin with a nice glass of pinot noir by your side.
So what are you waiting for? Click here for more information and make sure you try all of the Soy Vay recipes. Honestly, they’re all so good, we don’t how we picked just three! Make sure to use the hashtag #SoyVay to share your yummy creations!Tags: Dining Panda, Soy Vay
Why Is Everyone Loving This Teriyaki Sauce? Let’s Find Out
By Cooking Panda
It might be a cliche to say that every great product has a truly delightful origin story. But in the case of Soy Vay, that cliche is 100 percent true.
If you’ve never indulged in the deliciousness that is Soy Vay before, allow Cooking Panda to enlighten you. Soy Vay is a fun and tasty brand that boasts marinades from teriyaki to hoisin garlic, with flavors like Asian Honey BBQ, Spicy ‘N Sweet Chili Heat and of course their classic Veri Veri Teriyaki! Wanna make a fun mash-up? Use Soy Vay. Looking for that perfect ingredient to create something unexpected? Use Soy Vay. Essentially, it’s the best.
Still not convinced? How about a little background on that origin story then? We assume this is what you would call a culinary-meet-cute: It’s 1980, and a Jewish boy and Chinese girl are at a potluck in Humboldt County, California. A conversation ensues about classic flavors, both Jewish and Asian, and voila! The Soy Vay star was born. As they themselves have said, it’s “inspired by the classic sauces and marinades of China and Japan, with a deliciously kosher twist.” Come on, that’s adorable.
By 1982, the duo was bottling their marinade and putting it out there for everyone to try. And try they did! First it was a hit in Northern California, then, slowly but surely, it made its way throughout the country, converting folks with its taste and versatility in making fun mash-ups. Seriously, you can use their sauces for pretty much everything!
And now, 37 years later, Soy Vay has moved beyond just marinades. As we mentioned, they’ve got a slew of other tasty things you can try. Wanna snack on some Toasted Coconut Chai Popped Rice Clusters? Or maybe make a summer salad with the Sweet Asian Citrus Dressing. Or! Throw your favorite ingredients in with their Spicy Korean BBQ Simmer Sauce and wait for the food magic to happen. You can do all of the above and more!
Ah, to think all of this started when a Jewish boy and Chinese girl found the beauty in food mash-ups. It’s definitely fair to say they were ahead of their time. So what are you waiting for? Go forth and try Soy Vay! It’s about to become your new favorite. What tasty foods will you make? Use the hashtag #SoyVay and share your yummy creations!Tags: Soy Vay
5 Unexpected Ways To Cook With Your Favorite Teriyaki Sauce
By Cooking Panda
Teriyaki sauce. It’s a classic. But aside from dousing your chicken or beef with it — and maybe throwing it on your veggies now and then — what else can you do with it? Oh, friends, you can do it all. It. All.
Cooking Panda’s current obsession is Soy Vay’s Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade. Or, as I like to call it, my new best friend (sorry, old best friend).
So how best to use this magical ingredient? Let us enlighten you!
1) Our favorite way, and one that is so easy you’re going to weep with joy, is using it to marinate salmon. Just dump that Soy Vay over the salmon, marinate over night (seriously, over night is key) and then bake it the next day. Everyone will be running around complimenting you, and you can take full credit for the simplicity. Go forth and salmon!
2) Teriyaki breakfast? Yes! Next time you’re making a veggie scramble, or a meaty scramble, throw a couple of tablespoons of Soy Vay in there. It adds a totally unexpected flavor, unlike anything you’ve ever tried before. (Unless for some reason you’ve already made this, in which case you have tried before, so carry on.) Seriously, though, you won’t be able to stop eating it.
3) You know how every year you say, “This is the year I’m going to eat healthy with more salads and veggies,” but the pull of a perfectly savory meal is just too strong? We know. But fear not! Because once again, Soy Vay is here to save the day. Throw some Veri Veri in a jar with olive oil, shake it up, pour it on your salad and voila! Eating healthy never tasted so good.
4) By now we hope you’ve tried our Soy Vay meatball tacos (they taste like what true happiness feels like). But if you wanna try something different, why not brown your taco meat with teriyaki? It’s a totally fun twist on a taco, and you can top it however you want! Keep it classic, or mix it up with an Asian coleslaw. Oh, man, and can you imagine if you did this with carnitas? Yesss.
5) And finally friends, finally: grilling with the marinade. Yes! Summer is almost here, which means we’re prepping to grill up a storm — and it’s going to be a teriyaki feast. It will be on the burgers, the chicken, the bacon and the veggies, and it’ll be mixed in with the condiments to give them a little panache; it will be everywhere. And it will be glorious.
And now the most important question: What delicious treats will you create with Soy Vay’s Veri Veri Teriyaki? Use the hashtag #SoyVay and share your yummy creations!Tags: Soy Vay, Teriyaki Sauce