6 Outstandingly Tasty Slow Cooker Dinners (Recipes)
By Cooking Panda
If you want to infuse ridiculous amounts of flavor into your dinners, you can marinade, braise and simmer. But let’s be honest here: Who has that kind of time on their hands on hectic weeknights? Not I!
Fortunately, there’s a little gadget that a ton of folks have in their kitchens called a slow cooker — maybe you’ve heard of it?
That little thing can save you a ridiculous amount of time. All you need to do is prep your food and dump it in the Crock Pot at the right time, and like magic you’ll have a stellar dinner waiting.
Here are some stupendously good meals you can make with your slow cooker:
If you’re in a hurry — or just feeling a little lazy — there’s no need to toast the curry paste or broil the pork, although it does intensify the flavors. If you want to cut out half of the work, you can brown the pork by quickly searing it in the same pan you’re going to use to toast the curry paste.
Some nights just call for tater tot casserole. With tangy, spicy buffalo sauce, who can resist? Pro tip: For a little shortcut, sub in cream of chicken or cheddar soup in place of the flour and chicken broth.
Pulled pork might just be one of the best uses for a slow cooker. This recipe calls for roasted garlic, but if you’re not feeling it, you can toss the same amount of peeled garlic heads (use a few extra for good measure) into the Crock Pot when you have a couple hours left. Then just mash and mix in the softened garlic, and you’re good to go.
If you’re craving some fall flavors, this seasonal chili is an excellent way to prepare yourself for a cool evening. Don’t have sweet potatoes? Butternut squash or pumpkin are just as tasty.
Fettuccine Alfredo usually takes a little bit of work. You have to cook the chicken, boil your noodles, make your cream sauce and then put everything together. But the cool thing is that you can prepare a rigatoni version of this by plunking your ingredients into your slow cooker and letting them sit for a couple hours. So easy!
The nearly healthy takeout iteration is a common one that many of us spend tons of money on every month, but guess what? It’s so easy to make at home, and the Crock Pot provides an effortless way to get flavor-packed, ultra-tender meat without having to leave the house.
Featured Image: Geoff Peters/FlickrTags: Crock Pot dinner, easy recipe, quick fall dinner, slow cooker, weeknight dinners
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Dinners
By Cooking Panda
Chopping and portioning these slow cooker meals is a Sunday cinch! Store your prepped ingredients in the fridge and toss them into your slow cooker on weekday mornings. Then let weeknight meals await you.Chicken, dinner, Perdue Chicken, recipes, slow cooker
3 Ways To Celebrate Slow-Cooker Season
By Cooking Panda
Slow cookers aren’t just for roasts and stews. Your creativity is only limited by your own imagination (kind of). Branch out beyond the basics and try these three mouth-watering meals you can make using easy-to-find ingredients you might already have on hand.
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders: Perfect for game day. Or any day that ends in “y,” really.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Verde: A tasty meal that makes your home smell heavenly.
- Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken Tacos: This super-simple recipe is a taco-night game-changer.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts and 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for your BBQ Chicken Slider recipe.
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts for your Chicken Salsa Verde recipe.
- Use 1 pound PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs for your Lime Garlic Chicken Taco recipe.
- Use lettuce and tomato to top your BBQ sliders instead of coleslaw.
- You can use chicken stock instead of beer in your Chicken Salsa Verde.
- Use corn tortillas instead of hard taco shells for your Lime Garlic Tacos.
HERE’S YOUR SHOPPING LIST
Chicken (the best part)
- 2 pounds PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 pounds PERDUE FIT & EASY Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
Fruits and Veggies
- 3 medium onions
- 2 limes
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 package slider or small potato rolls
- 1 jar roasted salsa verde
- 1 (32-ounce) carton reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 package corn tortillas
Things You Probably Already Have on Hand
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Brown sugar
- Apple cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sriracha or hot sauce