Delicious Pierogy Dishes!
By Cooking Panda
When planning a get-together with friends, finding the right playlist and inviting your favorite people over is easy, but planning the perfect menu can be daunting.
Whether it’s game day, the season premiere of your favorite show or just a casual night in, if you’re craving something satisfying and delicious, one simple solution is Mrs. T’s Pierogies.
You can easily add a creative twist to your menu by serving up bite-sized Bacon-Wrapped Pierogies, featuring Classic Cheddar Mini Pierogies, which are perfect for sharing. Or try adding some flare to your nachos by substituting chips with pierogies.
Available in 15 tasty varieties, these potato-filled pasta shells are loaded with flavor and are the perfect canvas for all your favorite ingredients and spices. Check out the recipes below!
Find more recipes to enjoy with your friends at MrsTsPierogies.com.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 32 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box (12.84 ounces) Mrs. T’s Mini Cheddar Seasoned with Bacon or Mini Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 14 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Defrost pierogies by placing in boiling water for 2 minutes or refrigerating overnight.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each pierogy. Arrange pierogies on baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired. Bake 16-18 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. (Optional: Saute wrapped pierogies for 8 minutes or grill for 5 minutes, until browned.)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
For The Nachos:
- 2 boxes (16 ounces each) Mrs. T’s Classic Cheddar Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pico de Gallo (ingredients below)
- Guacamole (ingredients below)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Pickled jalapeno peppers (optional)
For The Pico de Gallo:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Guacamole:
- 1 small avocado
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/2 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute pierogies in butter over medium heat, approximately 8 minutes on both sides.
- Preheat broiler. On a large, oven-safe plate, arrange hot pierogies. Sprinkle with black beans and Monterey Jack cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- To make Pico de Gallo, mix together all ingredients and set aside.
- To make guacamole: Cut avocado in half and remove pit. With spoon, scoop out inside; place in bowl. Mash avocado with fork until slightly chunky. Mix in jalapeno, tomato, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Top pierogies with Pico de Gallo and guacamole. Add sour cream and/or pickled jalapeno peppers, if desired.
Save the Date: October 8 is National Pierogy Day!
By Cooking Panda
Move over pumpkin spice; there’s another food trend in town: pierogies. Oct. 8, 2017, marks the ninth annual National Pierogy Day! You can bet pierogy-lovers across the country will be celebrating by enjoying the delicious combination of creamy whipped potatoes and other flavorful ingredients, like aged cheddar cheese, folded into a pasta shell.
Mrs. T’s Pierogies, America’s largest producer of frozen pierogies, takes great pride in celebrating this national holiday. In fact, it was on Oct. 8, 1952, when the son of Mary Twardzik– the real Mrs. T — sold the very first samples of Mrs. T’s Pierogies to his local grocery store in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania. Now, more than 60 years later, Mrs. T’s Pierogies produces 600 million pierogies a year — enough pierogies to wrap around the globe, plus another 1,000 miles.
Pierogies may be considered a traditional dish, but long gone are the days of just the classic butter-and-onions preparation. From delicious finger foods to crave-worthy dinners, Mrs. T’s Pierogies has created tasty recipes that are perfect for the big game, the premiere of your favorite TV show or a casual weeknight get-together with friends. With more than 15 different pierogy varieties to choose from — including new Garlic & Parmesan and Five Cheese Pizza — it’s easy to put a creative spin on your favorite recipes.Mrs. T's Pierogies, Pierogies