Vegan Thanksgiving Leftover Waffle Sandwiches
1. Heat a waffle iron to the highest temperature and preheat the oven to the recommended temperature on your chicken/turkey package.
2. Combine mashed potato waffle ingredients in a bowl, adjusting flour and milk ratio until your batter is moist but not soupy.
3. Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray and press about 1/4 cup of batter into each section of the waffle iron. Close the waffle iron and cook until crispy.
4. Place finished waffles on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat the process with remaining batter, making sure to spray the iron with non-stick spray between each waffle. You should be able to get 2 large waffles out of the batter.
5. Combine leftover stuffing ingredients in a bowl, again, adjusting the flour and milk ratio until your batter is moist but not soupy. Repeat the same process as you did with the mashed potato waffles.
6. Place finished waffles on the same plate and cover with foil.
7. When your oven is heated, cook chicken/turkey according to package instructions.
8. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and sauté until spinach are wilted. Add red pepper flakes (if using) and remove from the heat.
9. To assemble, cut waffles into quarters. Place a mashed potato waffle on a plate followed by cranberry sauce, a chicken/turkey breast, spinach and finally a stuffing waffle.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.