Tomato Soup with Cheese Croutons
1. Soak the cashew in hot water for 1 hour, drain and rinse
2. Into a blender, add soaked cashew and water and blend until creamy. Set aside.
3. In a large saucepan over a medium heat, warm olive oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until softened. Add the tomato purée and carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in vegetable stock and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the can tomato and cook for another 10 minutes. Into a blender, combine tomato mixture and blend until smooth. Ladle into serving bowls and swirl cashew cream on each.
5. Add cheese croutons and fresh basil
1. Cut the Baguette in Half
2. Brush with olive oil
3. Add cheddar cheese on top
4. Place in the oven under broil for 5 minutes
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.