The Ultimate Pomegranate Mousse Cake
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer.
- Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Add the milk and vanilla, then the flour mixture.
- Whip egg whites until medium peaks form.
- Add egg white mixture to butter mixture 1/4 at a time until all egg whites have been folded in.
- Spread batter into 2 cake pans 5″ dividing evenly.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes on 375 degrees until the cake bounces back to the touch, or a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a cake rack
Make Pomegranate Curd till cakes are baking and chilling
- Reduce pomegranate juice to 1/2 cup add 2 oz of pomergranate liquor
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, 1/2 cup pomegranate reduction loquor mixture and lemon zest into a heatproof bowl that fits over a saucepan and whisk until well blended.
- Place this bowl over a saucepan with an inch of simmering water in it, as the mixture begins to get warm and whisk the mixture until it thickens, about 5-7 minutes
- Add the butter, mix well
- Allow mixture to cool , until needed
- Place the gelatin and water in a small bowl and let it sit until it has absorbed all the water
- Whip your cream to medium peaks ,adding sugar as it begins to thicken.
- Fold whipped cream into curd and gelatin.
- Cut cakes into 2 sections, this will give you 4 layers.
- Begin with the first layer, and use the rest Pomegranate reduction and liquor mixture to brush onto the cake layer
- Then spread an even layer of Mousse on top of the cake.
Add the next layer and repeat the process until you have added your top layer. You will have three layers of Mousse between the four cake layers.
- Place this into the refrigerator to chill while you make the topping for the cake
- Place pomegranate juice and pomegranate liquor in a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over pomegranate mixture and let stand 1 minute to soften gelatin. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Set bowl stirring mixture gently until it is cold and slightly thickened but not set.
- Stir in pomegranate seeds and spoon topping onto chilled Mousse cake
- Chill cake until topping is set about 1 hour.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.