The Mick’s Accidental Birthday Cake Pops
Makes about 45 cake pops
25 - 30 minutes
Forced to make a birthday cake for your sister’s kids? Have no idea what you’re doing? Fear not! Here’s a foolproof way to save any cake disaster. Watch “The Mick” Tuesdays at 8:30/9:30c on FOX to see if Mickey can handle her new life.
Instructions1) Prepare cake according to package directions. Once baked, remove cake from oven and allow to cool completely.
2) Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well.
3) Using your hands, mold about 1 tablespoon of cake mix into a ball. Place on a lined cookie sheet. Continue until all of the cake mix is used. Place in the freezer until firm.
4) In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, making sure to stir after each time. Continue microwaving and stirring until chocolate chips are completely melted and smooth.
5) Dip the tip of 1 cake-pop stick about 1/2 inch into melted chocolate and then insert the stick into a cake ball, no more than halfway through. Repeat with remaining sticks and cake balls. Return cake pops to cookie sheet. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
6) Dip cake pops into melted chocolate, tapping off any excess, and then cover with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Serve and enjoy!