- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes and cut into large cubes. Put in a medium sized pot; fill with cold water and 1 Tbsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Parboil potatoes until they are tender, drain and let them cool slightly. Grate them in a food processor and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and lightly mix in cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powde
- Add vegetable oil to a ½ in. thick heavy bottomed skillet and set over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, form thumb-sized balls of the potato mixture and fry until a golden brown color is reached, about 15 sec. each side.
- Drain excess oil off on paper towels,and let tots cool. Place a layer on the baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake until crispy. Able 15-20 minutes turning over once.
- Once tots are taken out the oven sprinkling the taco seasoning over the entire batch ensuring an even coat. Sprinkle cheese and bake in the oven about 5 minutes till cheese melts. Then top with pico de gallo.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.