Summer Sweet Potato and Corn Gnocchi
- In a large bowl, combine mashed sweet potato and ricotta cheese. Stir in flour, Hearthy Foods Sweet Potato Flour, and salt. Mix until the dough becomes soft and comes together into a large ball.
- Transfer dough to a floured work surface and knead for 2 minutes. Divide the dough into four pieces using a pastry cutter. Roll the dough into a rope that is about ½ an inch thick. Then cut into bite-sized pieces. Using the back of a fork, roll the dough along the groves – this creates indents to help the sauce stick to the gnocchi.
- When ready to cook, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop-in gnocchi in batches and cook until they float to the top, about a minute.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon and cook until fat has rendered and crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, remove all but about two tablespoons of bacon fat, then add butter. Once melted, add minced garlic, corn kernels, and cherry tomatoes. Cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add gnocchi and saute for another minute.
- Mix reserved pasta water with parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese melts then add to the gnocchi with bacon and basil.
- To serve, divide among bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
Pro Tip: You can freeze the gnocchi right after it’s made and just add to boiling water when ready to cook – no thawing necessary!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.