Stuffed Pasta Shell Bake
Looking to sneak more cheese into your pasta? Well, our Stuffed Pasta Shell Bake might be just what you are looking for.
- Bring a large pot filled ¾ full of water to a boil. Add in ½ tbsp of salt and the pasta shells. Stir and let cook as per the instruction on the box. Approx 10-12 minutes. Don’t overcook the pasta noodles or they will fall apart.
- While pasta is cooking. Saute onions and garlic in a frying pan for 1 minute. Then add in fresh spinach, basil, parsley, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Sautee for 5 minutes stirring constantly until spinach liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Drain pasta shells and run them under cold water until cold to touch. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, and spinach mixture with a spoon.
- Fill an oven-safe dish ( I used a 9 inch cast iron pan) with 1 cup of pasta sauce and ¼ cup of cream and mix well. Stuff pasta shells with the spinach ricotta filling and place side by side on top of the tomato cream sauce.
- Once all pasta shells are stuffed and lined in your baking dish. Top with 1 more cup of pasta sauce and sprinkle with another ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Then bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Until sauce is bubbling and the cheese is melted.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.