Stuffed Italian Chicken Breasts
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Prep your cheese by slicing it into 4 thick slices. Wash and pinch off 6 large basil leaves. Lastly, take out 4-6 sundried tomatoes depending on the size. Set all ingredients aside on cutting board to easily stuff the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper
- Slice both chicken breast lengthwise to create a pocket. Don’t cut all the way through.
- Lay open chicken pocket and layer the cheese, basil, sundried tomato, and asparagus.
- Close chicken breast and if needed use a toothpick to keep it closed.
- Turn on cast iron or another ovenproof frying pan to medium heat. Heat until hot and then add in 1 tsp of oil. Place in chicken and sear the meat on each side for 2-3 minutes. Once browned then put in the preheated oven for 20-25 mins. Until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.