Strawberry Galette with Almonds
1. Mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a large bowl. Add the butter and using the forks, cut the butter into the mixture.
2. Start kneading the dough and if needed add the ice cold water, bit by bit, until you get the dough that comes together easily and is not overly sticky.
3. Transfer the pie dough to a floured work surface and form it into a ball. Flatten into 1-inch thick disc using your hands and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
5. Gently stir the strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl until combined and set aside.
6. Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin. Unroll the pie crust and sprinkle the top surface lightly with flour and roll the crust out to a larger circle.
7. Sprinkle the middle of the crust with almond flour and one spoon of flour, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges and finally place the strawberries on top of it. Fold the edges of the dough up over the strawberries, pleating and gently crimping as you go. The center will be exposed. Brush the exposed crust along the edges with water and sprinkle with almond flakes and brown sugar.
8. Transfer galette to the prepared sheet pan when finished
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crusts are golden brown and the strawberry juices are bubbling.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature. Add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream if desired.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.