Strawberry & Cream Scones
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the scones: In food processor, process 1/2 cup of the strawberries with the sugar and half & half or cream until the mixture is smooth. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Work in the butter, using your fingertips; the mixture should be unevenly crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the strawberry/cream mixture, the egg, and the vanilla extract.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until the dough just barely starts to come together.
- Add the 2/3 cup diced strawberries, gently folding them in; the dough will be quite sticky.
- Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonfuls using a cookie scooper onto the prepared baking sheets; each scone should be about the size of a golf ball.
- Make the glaze by stirring together the sugar, water, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle some atop each scone.
- Bake the scones until they’re just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges, for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve scones warm. Or allow them to cool completely, and store airtight at room temperature.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.