Spicy Beef Calzone
- In a mixing bowl, add the ground beef with ground cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt. Mix well and reserve.
- In a medium heated nonstick frypan, add the butter, white and red onions and stir for around 2 minutes, then add the garlic and the chili peppers and stir for no longer than a few seconds. Add the ground beef mixture stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked. Reduce heat to medium and add the brown sauce, and the olives. Remove from the heat. Add chopped parsley. Reserve.
- Divide the pizza dough into small balls and open each with a rolling pin with a 20cm diameter. Make it bigger if you are not closing the calzones straight away as this dough is likely to shrink.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture into one side of the dough. Fold the dough from the top over filling; crimp edges, or press with fork firmly to seal. Brush tomato paste over the calzones. Transfer to ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake around 15 minutes or until deep golden brown at a 220° c.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.