Soufflé Omelette With Cheese
1. Separate the eggs: yolks into a small bowl and whites into a large bowl. Beat the egg yolks with a fork, seasoning well with salt and pepper, until well mixed.
2. Whisk the egg whites using a whisk, electric hand blender, or stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, until they form soft peaks.
3. Using a large metal spoon, quickly fold the egg yolks into the egg whites and stir well until whites are thoroughly combined and soufflé base has a looser consistency. Add half the Gruyère, half the Parmesan and sage at the same time until well combined.
4. In a 9- or 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat, until foaming. Using spatula, spread soufflé base into an even circle and smooth out the surface. Give it a good hefty shake to even it out. Cover and cook until the bottom of the omelette is browned and the top is just barely set.
5. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, cover and cook until cheese starts to melt, about 1 minute longer.
6. Carefully slide the omelette out of the pan and onto a warm serving plate, folding it over itself. Serve right away.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.