Simple and Delicious Mother’s Day Breakfast in Bed
- In a small saucepan, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil. Once boiling, take off the heat and add 2 pouches of The Republic of Tea Hibiscus Sangria Iced Tea. Let steep for 15 minutes then remove tea pouches. Transfer to a glass jar and let cool in the fridge.
- While the syrup is cooling, prepare the quiche. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheight. Roll out pre-made pie crust and place it into a pie plate. Prick holes with a fork, cover with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is blind baking, make the filling. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs half n half, dijon mustard, Little Jasmine Onion Sauce, chopped herbs, salt, pepper, and whisk until combined.
- Once the crust is done blind baking, sprinkle shredded Havarti cheese on the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg mixture on top of the cheese. Spread out the herbs if they clumped up. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and freshly cracked pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the quiche browned, set, and no longer jiggly. Use a knife to check.
- Once ready to serve, add one tablespoon of hibiscus syrup to a champagne flute and top with champagne. Cut the quiche into slices. Serve on a tray along with a bowl of fruit, coffee, and a few fresh flowers then bring to your mother in bed!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.