Short Rib Ragu with Pappardelle
- Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat the dutch oven with a little olive oil then sear the short ribs on each side. The take out and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium and add in the chopped onion and let that cook down for a few minutes and then toss in the chopped garlic. Next add the chopped carrot and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, beef stock, bay leaves, salt and pepper and give a nice big stir. Take the meat and place it back into the sauce sumberging it into the sauce.. Cover and place on low heat for 3 hours. Stir often.
- When the meat is falling off the bone and nice and tender remove the bones and let the meat fall into the sauce.
- Boil the pappardelle pasta until al dente, drain and then plate it. Take some of the tomato sauce and a heap of meat and spoon over the pasta. Garnish with fresh grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.