Sausage Pizza Stuffed Sweet Potato
- First, bake your sweet potatoes (you can do this ahead of time during meal prep).
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees, coat your sweet potatoes lightly with coconut oil or bacon fat, sprinkled with salt if desired. Bake on a foil-lined sheet 1 to 1.5 hours until totally soft on the inside**
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees (to prep for second baking).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tsp cooking fat. Crumble the sausage into the skillet and sprinkle with red pepper flakes, stir and cook until the sausage begins to brown.
- Add the onions to the skillet, stir and cook until translucent, then add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook until the mixture is soft and toasty (about 2 minutes) then remove from heat.
- Cut each baked sweet potato down the middle, then scoop out inside (leaving a very thin layer), then mix with cooked sausage pizza mixture.
- Scoop the sweet potato/sausage mixture back into baked potato skins (the more filling the better!) and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until browned on top and skin starts to crisp. Top with the freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil. Serve hot and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.