Red Velvet S’mores
- Combine marshmallow and cream cheese in a bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals until melted
- Stir in the vanilla, cover and refrigerate
- While the marshmallows are cooling, make the graham crackers by putting the flours, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt and spices in a large mixing bowl. Stir vigorously with a balloon whisk until all the ingredients are evenly distributed and uniform in color. Melt the butter in a heatproof bowl or glass measuring cup. Add the honey and milk to the butter. Add the red food coloring to the butter. Stir until the honey dissolves. Pour the liquid over the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or stiff spatula until all the wet liquid is incorporated and a dough forms. Pat into a large disc and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Once the graham cracker dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 ̊F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the dusting dry ingredients (brown sugar, cinnamon, cardamom) together in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Roll the graham cracker dough out on a well-floured surface to about 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch thick. Cut out 2.5 x 2.5-inch squares of the dough and lay on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle and dust each square of dough with the sugar mixture and prick the top of each square with a fork. Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until the edges of each cracker starts to darken. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.5. Place the marshmallows on the chocolate.
- To assemble the s’mores, line a baking sheet with a fresh piece of parchment paper or Silpat. Melt the chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof glass bowl or measuring cup, 30 seconds at a time, in the microwave, stirring between each time until melted and smooth. Using a butter knife or fork, smear some melted chocolate onto the bottom of one of the crackers. Place a marshmallow on top of the chocolate and smear some more melted chocolate on top of the marshmallow. Place another cracker on top of the chocolate (bottom side down), making a graham cracker sandwich with the marshmallow in the middle. Toast the sides of the marshmallow with a kitchen crème Brulee torch.
- Dip the entire graham cracker sandwich into the melted chocolate, covering one side of it, and then place onto the lined baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the crackers and marshmallows. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, about 15-20 minutes. Best served the day you make them.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.