Are you looking for ways to add extra protein in your diet? Or you’re desperately eager to try something new for dinner? Or you just enjoy grilled fish a lot – well, this recipe is perfect for you. Red snapper with pineapple salsa is an exotic, scrumptious and healthy dinner option with an irresistible fruity aroma. You are definitely going to love this one.
This recipe is a ten, even without garnish – if you’re in doubt, just try it out and leave us a feedback! The combination of fish and juicy fruits takes the taste buds on a romantic journey filled with great flavors. They are also easy to make; all you have to do is salt and pepper the red snapper and then place on a hot, oiled grill. When you’re grilling the fish, brush it with a mixture of fresh lime juice and oil. Top with garnish of your choice – we used fresh pineapple salsa for this recipe which is also homemade.
It is important you shop for fresh red snapper. We needed a fresh white fish that flakes easily when grilled and what other fish fits perfectly other than the red snapper. In case you don’t like red snapper, you could use cod, tilapia, halibut, and haddock – they are also suitable options.
Pineapple salsa serves as a garnish and it’s also easy to make. It’s basically a mixture of minced yellow, red or green bell pepper, diced fresh pineapples, chopped fresh cilantro, and chopped sweet onion. Should you not have time to dice the pineapples, you can get already diced pineapples or purchase canned pineapple at the store.
Red snapper with pineapple salsa re-defines dinner time with your family and friends and that’s what’s great about this dish. You can customize the recipe and substitute the pineapples for fresh mangoes, but hey, you’re the boss of your kitchen. So go grab the ingredients needed and follow the following instructions carefully.
- Diced fresh pineapple – 1 cup
- Chopped fresh cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Chopped sweet onion – 1/2 large
- Yellow bell pepper (seeded and minced) – 1/2 large
- Green bell pepper (seeded and minced) – 1/2 large
- Red snapper filets (cut into 4 servings) – 1½ pounds
- Vegetable or canola oil – 1 tablespoon
- Limes – 3 medium
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the salsa
- Mix the cilantro, pineapple, bell pepper, and onion in a large bowl. Cover and chill.
Prep the fish
- Mix the lime juice and oil in a small bowl then set aside.
- Next, salt and pepper the fish.
- Prepare your grill. When it’s ready, grill the snapper for about 4 to 8 minutes on both sides, while sprinkling with the lime juice mixture. Insert a fork in the center, if it flakes easily, the fish is ready.
Notes: Depending on what you like, you can add in some minced red bell pepper too. Substitute avocado oil or olive oil for the vegetable oil to switch the recipe to a Paleo diet.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.