Rainbow Sugar Cookie Sandwich
- To a small bowl or glass measuring cup, add 1/2 cup of the warm water and sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and beat some more.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until cookie dough forms. Add in heavy cream a tbsp at a time.
- Divide cookie dough into 5 equal parts. Color each one with separate food coloring. Knead until each cookie dough portion is completely tinted.
- Roll all cookie dough colors into a large sphere. Be careful here, while we want the colors to mix together, we don’t want them mixed together too much.
- Wrap cookie dough in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add flour to a clean working surface as well as on a rolling pin.
- Roll out cookie dough so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, about 2 ½ inches in diameter, cut out circles of your cookie dough. Place gently on a lined baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, confectioners’ sugar, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
- Once buttermilk is fully mixed, scoop into an icing bag with Wilton tip #10 attached.
- Flip over half of your cookies and add frosting. Sandwich with another (unfrosted cookie).
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.