Pulled Pork Totchos
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes and cut into large cubes. Put in a medium sized pot; fill with cold water and 1 Tbsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Parboil potatoes until they are tender, drain and let them cool slightly. Grate them in a food processor and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and lightly mix in cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powde
- Add vegetable oil to a ½ in. thick heavy bottomed skillet and set over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, form thumb-sized balls of the potato mixture and fry until a golden brown color is reached, about 15 sec. each side.
- Drain excess oil off on paper towels,and let tots cool. Place a layer on the baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake until crispy. Able 15-20 minutes turning over once.
- Place tater tots ona bake proof dish deep enough to place pulled pork, bar-b-q sauce and shredded pepper jack cheese all over and place in the oven for 5 mins until cheese has melted. Begin to layer the remainder of ingredients; white onion, pickled jalapenos, green onion, ranch and avocados.