Peach Pie with Double Crust
- To make the pie crust, in a large mixing bowl add the flour, granulated sugar, egg yolk pinch of salt, and cold butter.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture until sand-like consistency forms.
- Add little water to help develop a nice dough. Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and transfer to a pie pan.
- With the help of a floured fork press the edges of the pie crust to make it seal the pan.
- To make the filling, in a mixing bowl add the diced peaches, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Mix until combined and transfer the filling to a pie crust. Set aside.
- Roll out the second part of the pie crust on a lightly floured surface and top the pie with the rolled crust, Brush it with lightly whisked egg and cut several times so the steam can escape while it cooks.
- Bake the pie in an already preheated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 45-50 minutes.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing it.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy it.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.