Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies
- Wash and pat dry the sweet potato. Poke it several times with a fork, wrap it in foil, and roast at 400 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes, or until very soft. Allow sweet potato to cool to room temperature (Note: You can roast the sweet potato up to 3 days ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to use).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil an 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Line the baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients for the brownies except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth. Stir in the chocolate
- Transfer the brownie batter to the prepared baking dish. Bake on the center rack of the oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set up (note: the brownies won’t test clean when poked with a fork…this is normal). Turn off the oven and allow brownies to sit another 5 minutes in the warm oven.
- Remove brownies from the oven and sprinkle with coarse sea salt (if desired…very much recommended). Allow brownies to cool at least 30 minutes. Pull-on the sides of the parchment paper to release the brownies from the baking dish and transfer to a cutting board. Cut brownies to your desired size and enjoy with a mega scoop of ice cream!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.