Paleo Meatloaf Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the ingredients for the ketchup until well-combined. Set aside until ready to use.
3. In a medium skillet, saute the onions in the 2 tbsp of avocado oil or ghee until translucent. Add the garlic and a tiny bit of sea salt and continue to cook, stirring, for about one minute, then remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, almond flour, parsley, salt, cooked onion and garlic and 3 tbsp ketchup. Mix with your hands until well incorporated but try not to over-mix, since this will toughen the meat.
5. Transfer the meat mixture to the lined loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove and pour the remaining ketchup over the top of the meat, return to oven and continue to bake for 40-45 more minutes, until center is cooked (note: meat should be 155 to 160 degrees).
6. Allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before remove from the loaf pan and slice. Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.