Oreo Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Remember that scene in 1998’s The Parent Trap when Lindsay Lohan dips her Oreo cookie into peanut butter? It changed my life. And if it didn’t fundamentally change yours then, perhaps this Oreo Peanut Butter Cheesecake will change it now. Oreos and peanut butter were meant to be together! Plus, this recipe is magically delicious. And you can feel fancy by baking it in a bain-marie. It’s all awesome! Follow our 10 step instructions for the oreo peanut butter cheesecake recipe.
- Combine crushed Oreos and melted butter. Firmly press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Wrap pan with tin foil. Refrigerate.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, 1/2 cup heavy cream, and peanut butter. Beat in one egg at a time. Beat on low until combined and fluffy. Gently fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Remove Oreo crust from the fridge. Pour cheesecake batter over crust, making sure to smooth out the top.
- Place cheesecake in a roasting pan. Pour very hot water into the roasting pan, until it’s about a quarter of the way up. This creates a bain-marie and helps ensure the cheesecake doesn’t overcook. It’s best to put the roasting pan in the oven, then pour the hot water.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Then Remove from the oven, remove foil and allow it to come to room temperature. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight.
- Run the knife around the rim of the pan to loosen and remove the springform rim.
- Make the chocolate ganache topping. Over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a boil. Add in chopped milk chocolate and whisk until smooth. You can also do this in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring each time until it’s smooth.
- Pour chocolate ganache over cheesecake, top with chopped roasted peanuts, and decorate the outside edge with halved Oreos. Allow setting in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In conclusion, serve and enjoy your Oreo Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.