Orange Chicken Sliders
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the mayo and stir. Reserve for later.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the slaw, tossing to coat. Set aside for at least 10 minutes to let flavors infuse.
- Fill a large heavy-bottom pot with oil and heat until it reaches 350°F.
- In a large saute pan, add honey, orange juice and zest, lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger, garlic and sesame oil, and heat on high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced. Mix together water and cornstarch in a small bowl, then stir into the orange mixture. Continue to reduce for another 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Season chicken thighs all over with salt. Whisk together milk and eggs in a large mixing bowl, and place flour in a low-sided bowl. Dredge chicken thighs first flour, then in egg mixture, then back into flour. Gently and carefully drop chicken thighs into hot oil, working 2 at a time, for about 6 minutes, until golden brown(the internal temperature of the chicken should read 175°F). Remove thighs onto a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat until all the chicken is cooked.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the pan and toss in the orange sauce until fully coated, then sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds.
- Toast buns in the oven until the surface is golden brown. To serve, top each sandwich with two chicken thighs, a generous handful of slaw, and a top bun smeared with mayo.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.