One Pot Cilantro Cajun Jambalaya
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning and set aside.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and saute onions, peppers, celery, garlic, and remaining tablespoons Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning and cook until veggies are tender about 5 minutes.
- Next, add seasoned chicken thighs and cook until brown and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Then add andouille sausage and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, can of crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, and 1 ½ cup dry Cilantro Lime Right Rice and stir. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. If the mixture becomes too dry add more stock a ¼ cup at a time.
- Remove bay leaves, then stir in shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until they become pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove the pot from heat. Garnish with chopped parsley and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.