Oatmeal Monster Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the sugar and beat mixture until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Mix together the oats, flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the M&Ms.
- Bake 1/4 cup scoops on ungreased baking sheets for about 13-14 minutes or until they look done. Allow cooling before filling.
- Bring a shallow pot of water to a boil. Place all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl that can rest in the boiling pot without its bottom touching the boiling water. Beat the ingredients until the bottom of the bowl is too hot to touch.
- Remove the bowl and beat with the whisk attachment on your stand mixer for about 10 minutes or until fluffy and pretty stiff. You can also use a handheld mixer, but it will take longer.
- Use filling to sandwich together with the cookies and decorate the edges with rainbow sprinkles.
November 15, 2020
My kids would surely love these!