Mushroom Farro Risotto
- In a small pot add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- In a dutch oven or large skillet add the butter and set to medium heat. Once hot toss in the diced onion and saute down for 5 minutes then add in salt, pepper and fresh thyme then garlic and sliced mushrooms and stir and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the farro and stir together then add in the wine and cook until the wine has absorbed.
- Add the hot chicken stock to the rice, stir, bring to a boil then turn to low and simmer for 40-45 minutes until farro is soft and cooked and liquid has evaporated. Stir often. Take the lid off for the last 10 minutes.
- Add in the grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir. Taste to see if it needs more salt.
- Remove from heat and let sit and thicken up a little more before serving.
- Plate and garnish more black pepper, fresh thyme and parsley.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.