Miso Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream and Marukome Miso Sauce over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar and water and cook over medium heat without stirring for about 8-10 minutes. Once it turns a deep amber color, remove it from heat and slowly pour in the miso cream. The mixture will start to really bubble up so be careful not to burn yourself! Transfer mixture to a glass jar and set aside to cool.
- While the miso caramel is cooling, shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place it on a lined cookie sheet. Roll balls in sesame seeds, then make an indent in the middle of the cookie with your thumb or the back of a ½ teaspoon. This will create a well for the miso caramel sauce.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until they just begin to turn golden.
- Let cookies cool, then fill with ½ teaspoon of miso caramel sauce. Sprinkle cookies with Duxbury Saltworks Sea Salt and enjoy!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.