Meatloaf Muffins with Sweet Potato Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place ground beef in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Add garlic & habanero, cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add onion-garlic mixture to ground beef. Add barbecue sauce, egg crumbs, sea salt, pepper and dried thyme. Using your hands or a spoon, mix well to combine.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among 12 wells of a muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- While meatloaves are baking, boil sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and beat sweet potatoes and coconut oil or butter with a hand mixer.
- Scoop topping onto meatloaves or fill a plastic zip-top with topping, trim the corner of the bag with scissors and pipe topping onto meatloaves. Or use a spoon to top.
- Drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.