Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- Stir yeast into the warm water. Let bloom for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle beat butter, sugar, and salt. Add the egg, beating until combined. Slowly pour in the yeast and water. Beat until combined. Add the flour about one cup at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Once the dough starts to form switch to the dough hook attachment. After all the flour has been added knead the dough for 3 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand until smooth.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise to double in size (about 30-60 minutes) in a warm place(In the microwave or turned-off oven).
- Roll dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle. Spread the dough evenly with the butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and cooked bacon. (Reserve some bacon for garnish, if desired.) Roll the dough into a log, lengthwise. Cut the dough into 2′′ cinnamon rolls. Place cut side down in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Cover the dough with a towel and let rise for 30 minutes before baking. The rolls should have doubled in size again. (Other options: Freeze the rolls and after thawing let rise until doubled in size or place in refrigerator overnight after rising, bring to room temperature before baking.)
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 7 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool, slightly.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the frosting. Pour over the cinnamon rolls! Garnish with extra bacon.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.