Love Birds Paired with Pinot Noir
1 Hour 20 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.Lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Pour the olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using) and the juice of half a lemon over the hens, under the skin and inside the cavity. Season hens liberally on the outside and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley.
- Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mix all ingredients together over the hens and under the skin.
- Place the hens and halved garlic head on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with garlic.
- Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.