Love Birds Paired with Pinot Noir
- Preheat oven to 375°F.Lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Pour the olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using), and the juice of half a lemon over the hens, under the skin, and inside the cavity. Season hens liberally on the outside and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley.
- Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mix all ingredients together over the hens and under the skin.
- Place the hens and halved garlic head on a baking sheet pan with plenty of space between them. You may need to use 2 pans. Loosely stuff the cavities of each hen with garlic.
- Roast the hens in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. Remove the hens from the oven, loosely tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before carving or serving.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.