Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
What better sweet treat during warm summer months than these chilled, lemon cream cheese bars? These bars are fresh, buttery and exploding with lemon flavor! They’re zesty, delicious and perfect to share on hot afternoons.
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait, line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Unroll 1 package of crescent roll dough onto the bottom of the sprayed baking dish, stretching evenly to the edges.
3. Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and the juice from 2 lemons in a bowl. Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar into the lemon zest mixture until smooth and creamy, then spread evenly over crescent roll dough.
4. Layer second package of dough over cream cheese mixture, gently stretching dough to the edges. Brush melted butter over top dough layer. Mix remaining lemon zest and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl, then sprinkle over butter.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden-brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and refrigerate until chilled, for at least 1 hour.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.