Leftover Turkey Pasta
1. Step 1- Preheat the oven to 400F. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large casserole dish or Dutch oven.
2. Step 2- Add the onion and stir to coat in the oil. Cover the pot and cook the onion over very low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onion should be soft.
3. Step 3- Stir in the minced garlic, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, salt and paprika. Sauté for a few minutes.
4. Step 4- If the pan is getting a bit dry you can deglaze it with a splash of white wine (or chicken stock) but that is optional.
5. Step 5- Add the orzo pasta and stir to toast in the oil and seasonings.
6. Step 6- Stir in the diced turkey
7. Step 7- Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan (orzo has a tendency to stick).
8. Step 8- Add or sour cream and stir to combine.
9. Step 9- Cover the pot and transfer to the oven (look in recipe notes if you want to cook on the hob) and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring halfway.
10. Step 10- Uncover the pot and use a wooden spoon to give it a good stir. The orzo should be cooked and the dish creamy and delicious.
11. Step 11- Add handfuls of fresh spinach, stirring into the creamy orzo until it wilts.
12. Step 12- Add the grated Parmesan and check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.