So today, we got two words for you; lamb kofta. Yeah, that’s right. This dinner-worthy dish is made by seasoning lamb with fresh herbs, dried spices, and then grilled until juicy and perfect.
They look delicious and tempting, right? They are even more irresistible when served with basmati rice and garnished with sliced cucumbers, finely chopped lettuce, hummus, and tomatoes.
The exact country where this dish originates from is still unknown but it has deep roots in the Middle East. The lamb can be replaced with chicken, beef, or pork. Whichever choice your make, your dish will remain yummy and filled with amazing flavors. So let’s dive straight into how to make this delicious dish.
How to Make Lamb Kofta Recipe
You start by placing the garlic, shallot, and ginger in a hot skillet and then sauté for a few minutes. Add coriander, cumin, and spices. Allow to sauté. Leave shallot mixture for a while to cool and then remove from skillet. Set aside to cool.
Next, place the shallot mixture, ground lamb, mint, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Keep mixing until well combined. After that, get your hands wet and divide the mixture into 6 equal parts. Use this dimension (1 1/2” x 7) to create logs of the ground lamb.
With the help of a skewer, press the center of the lamb logs and ensure the meat is formed around the skewer.
How to Cook Lamb Kofta
Start by setting a grill pan on medium-high heat. Use oil to brush the grill pan when it gets hot. Place skewers 1 inch apart on to the grill, and then grill both sides until well cooked. This should take about 8 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Use parchment paper to line two baking sheets. Place skewers 1 inch apart on each baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Basmati rice: This option speaks for itself. It adds irresistible aromas to the dish.
- Sliced cucumbers: If you’re the type that likes your dish crunchy, add this and thank us later.
- Tzatziki: Pour in this rich, creamy sauce; it blends perfectly with the lamb.
- Pita bread: You can decide to stuff everything inside a fresh loaf of pita bread. It tastes great when you grill!
- Lettuce: You can use any lettuce of your choice but we recommend shredded romaine lettuce. It adds more flavor and crunchiness to the dish.
- Chopped parsley: for garnish
- Sliced tomatoes: Throw them in to improve the taste of the dish
- Sliced red onion
- Fresh lemon: To drizzle on the dish
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.