Kahlua Chocolate Cupcakes
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place foil or paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with an electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on low speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until combined. Scrape down the bowl then add the cocoa powder and kahlua. Beat until blended, light and fluffy.
- Spoon frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe frosting in circular pattern on tops of cupcakes. Garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans and ground coffee.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.