If you haven’t tested this recipe, you probably don’t know what you’re missing. In fact, tasting just any type of Jerk Chicken Wing does not guarantee you’ll enjoy it. However, with this recipe of ours, you’re sure gonna enjoy every bit of it.
This is no sweet talk… It’s about choosing the right ingredients, steps, and timing. These three are very important things when it comes to cooking – not just making Jerk Chicken Wings. Moreover, the good part is, “you’re gonna make it yourself!”
Jerk Chicken Wings are easy to make, delicious, and flavorful. They strike a perfect and fantastic balance between “sweet and sour” and “salty and spicy.” This recipe is made by marinating chicken in Jerk seasoning for at least 8 hours or overnight – the longer, the better – and baking them in the oven.
You might be wondering what Jerk seasoning means… Jerk seasonings are made from several variations but usually cinnamon, garlic, nutmeg, chilies, allspice, thyme, and scotch bonnet peppers. Moreover, the “Jerk” in Jerk Chicken is just a cooking style.
Chicken wings are a hit when served at a party, game day, even at home. They’re a crowd pleaser! So, when next you’re planning a party, don’t leave Jerk Chicken Wings out!
What are you still waiting for? Go and get your chicken and other necessary ingredients and let’s go make Jerk Chicken Wings. (winks)
- Start by rinsing your chicken wings and drying them out. To dry them out, simply pat them with paper towels to get them as dry as you possibly can.
- Then add your green onions, soy sauce, onion, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, cloves, jalapeno, allspice, and nutmeg in a food processor (or blender). Puree until the marinade is completely smooth.
- Now, place your chicken in a large zip lock bag and pour half the marinade – reserving the rest of the marinade in the refrigerator – over the chicken. Zip the bag and toss them together to entirely coat the chicken with the jerk seasoning. Let it sit and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Next, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with aluminum foil. Don’t forget to spray the aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place your chicken on the prepared baking sheet and reserve the marinade left in the bowl—Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Brush half the reserved marinade onto the chicken wings and bake additional 20 minutes again. Flip the chicken, brush the rest of the marinade on the chicken and cook at an additional 10 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Lastly, insert an instant-read thermometer near the thickest part of the chicken, it should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Then rest the wings on the baking sheet and allow resting for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: The Jerk Chicken Wings should not be left out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. Simply refrigerate them (after the wings have cooled down to room temperature) if you want to keep them for later.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.